Health Officer: David Jetmore, M.D.
Our contact tracers have been hired through Heartland Community Services Foundation, Inc. and work for the WCHD. Our contact tracers are Christiana Mann, Tim Beaty, and Megan Sparks. Our staff conduct case investigations of communicable diseases, including the tracing and monitoring of the COVID positive individuals and contacts of infected people to notify them of their exposure, including close contacts. Close contacts are considered anyone that the COVID positive individual was in contact with 48 hours before symptoms occurred as this is the most infectious period AND was closer than 6ft for more than 15 minutes. Through their case investigations and contact tracing they help ensure the safe, sustainable and effective quarantine of contacts to prevent additional transmission.
Who needs to quarantine?
- People who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19—excluding people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months. People who have tested positive for COVID-19 do not need to quarantine or get tested again for up to 3 months as long as they do not develop symptoms again. People who develop symptoms again within 3 months of their first bout of COVID-19 may need to be tested again if there is no other cause identified for their symptoms.
What counts as close contact?
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
When does isolation period end if I am positive and have symptoms?
- At least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared AND They are free of fever for at least 24 hours (that is 1 full day of no fever) without the use of medicine that reduces fevers AND Other symptoms have improved (for example, cough or shortness of breath have improved).
When does isolation period end if I am positive and don’t have symptoms?
- Isolation and other precautions can be discontinued 10 days after the date of their first positive RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 RNA